Hi, I’m Izabella
Somatic (Body) Psychotherapist.
Exceptional Marriage Mentor.
Developmental & Relational Trauma Specialist.
Based in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast & Conondale and available via online video Zoom calls.
I believe that enhancing how we relate (to ourselves and each other) fosters our most meaningful and satisfying experiences as human beings. I also know that unless you’ve had positive role models and caretakers whom were protective, safe, responsive and attuned to you, there’s a good chance that you’ve been left with deep imprints of shame, unworthiness, unlovability and fear.
These impacts of developmental traumas do not go away by themselves. You’ll likely see evidence of this in yourself as behaviours and responses that repeat themselves despite your best efforts (withdrawing, anxiety, frequent outbursts, blaming, sabotaging your progress, constantly keeping busy, staying in your head, trying to be positive, comfort eating, addictions or disconnecting from others to name a few). Although the strategies you have developed are totally normal ways to cope with underlying trauma and unmet feelings, you’re probably noticing that they have negative consequences too.
Are you struggling to feel supported?
Is your unhealed trauma keeping you stuck, frustrated or depressed?
Are you drained by the conflicting needs within your relationship?
Do you have physical symptoms you suspect are exacerbated by unresolved emotions or events?
Here’s where I come in. I work with couples and individuals like yourself to support you to be heard, felt and seen in relation to where you were alone, invalidated or unsupported. You see, it’s never too late for your body to have these releasing, completing experiences that can result in life-changing benefits. By combining talk therapy with specific body movement and vocal expression in a safe therapeutic space, your body finally has the chance to release the negative effects of unprocessed emotions held in your cells and muscles – often for decades.
Benefits to Expect
for INDIVIDUAL body psychotherapy
– Feel release, relief and more lightness
– Less survival, fight and flight stress
– Emotionally less reactive to daily stressors or unpredictable events
– More energy for creative expression and fulfillment of goals
– Organs, tissue and cells of the body more rejuvenated
– Improvement in physical health symptoms
– More clarity, focus and better organisation
– Deeper sense of stability and self-confidence
“Izabella is amazing. She targets the emotional and physical blocks to get the depression and anxiety out of my mind and body. I feel lighter and clearer after each session with her, and it lasts. Izabella really has saved my life in recent months, and I’m so grateful that I have her to help me get past traumas out of my mind, heart and body for good.”
for COUPLES COUNSELLING
– Feel more open-hearted and compassionate
– Communicate more honestly with loved ones
– Develop healthy boundaries if you’ve lacked them
– Be available to listen and understand your partner more
– Bring more of yourself to your relationship
– Deepen your connection with your intimate partner
– Resolve some of the underlying reasons for blocks in intimacy
– Repair relationship conflict more easily and effectively
– Experience more joy and fun in your relationship
“I highly recommend Izabella Siodmak to anyone seeking a supported pathway to greater peace and understanding in their life. As her client, I am deeply grateful for the support she provides, in my life, via her therapeutic practice. She is also wonderful with couples, honouring the individual and their shared experience beautifully.”